- Unclear objectives, scope and approach for innovation projects/programs
- Unclear decision-making criteria (e.g. when prioritising ideas and deciding which business cases are the most attractive)
- Insufficient time allocated to complex decision making
- Failure to make decisions
- Slow communication internal and external to the organisation
- People not completing their tasks on time
- Staff without the right skills being assigned tasks they are unable to complete
- Bullies! Bully-led progress gives the illusion that progress is being made but the results always unravel at some point in time. This can set a project back by weeks, months or sometimes years. It is one of the most toxic forms of waste.
Want to improve how you innovate? Start by eliminating waste!
And if your organisation is thinking of implementing a digital transformation, take steps to minimize waste before investing in the digital program.
What have I missed? Share your views below!
If you need help with innovation, growth initiatives or supporting staff to think more creatively, and you prefer to work with a practical and down to earth team, contact us!
Head of Innovation